Thursday, February 13, 2014

Curve Based Joint Movement Solution

Guys I made a major breakthrough here!

Point On Curve Node - Maya SECRETS

A secret node exists that allows us to take an object like a locator or joint and give it a control to animate along a path.

This means CURVE BASED deformations that will allow our joints to travel at a set curve THAT WE DESIGN.  This is the SAME principle Pixar follows while setting up their faces in the articulation department.  Get STOKED, cause I'm gonna teach you.

By the way I got The Art of Moving Points on my wife's ipad.  If you guys want, I can take pictures of each page perhaps and start uploading them for you guys to read.  Just tell me if you would like that.

And SUSAN your lattice idea worked perfectly.  Select a set of points (verts) and create a lattice deformer - the rest of the object will stay completely intact. This is exactly what we need for the volumetric head.

GUYS IM SO EXCITED!

1 comment: